Sunday 27 October 2013

It Started With a Friend Request..

Everytime I buy a novel there is a reason behind it no matter how unimportant it is. I am not addicted to social websites but I make a point to check whenever I get time. So few months back I came across a hashtag #ItStartedWithAFriendRequest on Twitter that was trending at that time. I checked and it was about Sudeep Nagarkar's 3rd book with the same name. Honestly, I had never heard about him and therefore Google helped. Recently I bought this book, read it and now writing about it.

The story is about Akash and Aleesha who meet at 'Thrive' disc in Mumbai for the first time, exchange their BBM pins and their love story starts. But their journey together is not so easy. The plot is good with an unexpected twist. The writer has tried to write more beyond a love story and portrayed obsession too. And not to miss there is too much love making throughout the book. It also consists of some cute long texts that Akash and Aleesha exchange. While reading the story you can get some ideas too like gifting your partner a bedsheet and cushion covers with your photographs printed on it (*Wink*)! The story has a happy ending and overall the book is a lovely one time read. But I will suggest if you had a heart break recently please don't read as it will remind you a lot about the moments you spent with your ex. 

Personally, the part that I din't like was the introduction of characters which is not very  impressive. Also the fact that outer beauty is over-exaggerated. What about those who are not drop dead gorgeous.? They can't love or their story cannot start with a friend request.? I believe when you fall in love it just happens you don't specially find a beautiful partner rather you see beauty in your partner. I feel the story could have been written better. I would like to end the post with a song that both the characters posted as their BBM status in the story : 

Seedhay saade saara saula seedha seedha hona jee..
Maine tum ko paana hai ya tune main ko khona jee..
Aaja dil ki karein saude baazi, kya naraazi arrey aare aare yaar..



Connect with the author : 


No comments:

Post a Comment