Tuesday 18 February 2014

A Walk To Remember..

When I heard this title for the first time I imagined an evening walk with my soulmate on a beach side. Thanks to Google that I came to know about the novel and the movie : "A Walk To Remember". The novel is written by American author Nicholas Sparks which was released in October 1999 but the movie is directed by Adam Shankman, released in January 2002. I haven't read the novel but I have watched the movie so many times that I felt like writing about it. Its a sweet, simple Love Story and one of my favorites. Shane West (as Landon Carter) and Mandy Moore (as Jamie Sullivan) did their roles perfectly. I fell in love with the story the very first time I saw it.

About the characters and the movie 

I liked Jamie Sullivan very much. She is sincere, positive, lovely, has values. She lives her life smiling and doing things she loves even though she knows her end. On the other hand Landon Carter is initially rude and arrogant but then I loved the way he transforms into a nicer, caring human being and tries to keep Jamie as happy as possible. He goes out of the way to fulfill Jamie's wishes and dreams. Unfortunately, two people who loved each other so much couldn't live together but their Love did. It's a beautiful story and the characters are very believable.

Few scenes from the movie that made me smile, cry, laugh and so on : 
  • Landon was forced to join the drama club's final event, The Springs Play as a punishment for a prank that paralyzed a fellow classmate. On the final day of the play Jamie looked and sang like an angel that Landon could not stop himself from kissing her. 
  • The way Landon fights for Jamie when his friends try to humiliate her by altering her photograph. He leaves his group of friends and starts spending more time with her.
  • When Landon asks Jamie Will you go out with me Saturday Night? to which she says I am Sorry I can't go. I am not allowed to date then Landon goes to her father and asks for permission. This surprises Jamie and they both enjoy the dinner together. 
  • The time Jamie tells Landon that she is sick and won't go for higher studies. She has leukemia and she has stopped responding to treatments two years ago. This upsets both of them. This is such a touching scene that one feels how could this happen.
  • After knowing about Jamie's health problem Landon tells her dad he won't go anywhere. Jamie goes to his home where Landon asks Are you scared? to which she replies She is scared of not being with you.
  • The way Landon stays by her side every now and then, reads quotes from her mother's book. The belief of Jamie that God has a bigger plan for her than she had for herself and that Landon was sent to her because she was sick. He is her Angel. 
  • Landon makes a bigger telescope for Jamie and they both witness a comet. Then he asks her If she will marry him and she says Yes. Jamie looked amazing as a bride. They had a perfect Summer together.
Quotes from the Movie :
  • Without suffering there would be no compassion.
  • Our love is like the wind.. I can't see it, but I sure can feel it.
  • She has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better.
  • Love is patient and kind. It's never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offence and is not resentful.



Website : Click Here

2 comments:

  1. The last few quotes you mentioned from the movie above awe are inspiring.. Thank you..
    http://www.fforfree.net/

    ReplyDelete